Experiencing Dell’s purchase system

As customer, it is not uncommon that we love some of the features of a product but dislike the others. For example, I may find a perfect Alienware laptop which has 17 inch screen, new i7 processor and 1T hard drive, but the price is incredibly high; then  I will not buy that laptop because I think the price does not match the value of it.

After today’s lesson and the information I read from the article which introduced Dell’s highly-customized purchase method and operation system, I decided to go to the Dell online store to experience the superb system I heard.

I pretended myself to be a customer who needed to buy a new laptop of Dell and saw whether I would buy the laptop or not. Firstly, I found the ‘shop and compare’ section which I could build my own laptop by selecting different categories from screen size, processor and hard drive.etc. It was very convenient and clear to choose the model I wanted from the section. Since I could customize my laptop, I was able to choose the processor I prefer, the screen I want and other features. I finally got a model that perfectly fitted my preference, and it had a price which I thought is reasonable because I could choose my price position. I didn’t go any further, but I heard that the average inventory period of Dell is about 4 days which meant I would get my laptop 4 days after I made the order, which is pretty amazing.

All in all, if I really decide to buy a new laptop, I would choose Dell rather than other companies because of its fantastic purchase method and operation system.