Advertisements to be Placed on NHL Jerseys

NHL Jersey Ads ‘Coming,’ Says League Exec

Vancouver Canucks v Chicago Blackhawks - Game Six

It has been reported that the National Hockey League is considering placing advertisements on every jersey. This has already been implemented for practice jerseys in the NFL and is being considered for game jerseys in the NBA. I believe that jersey sponsorship is an excellent and innovative way to advertise goods and services to potential consumers.  Millions of hockey fans around the world will see these advertisements on the jerseys of their favourite teams. Each brand will become more well known, and possibly increase consumer incentive to purchase their products. Also, it will give each sponsor a very unique and prestigious image.  Personally, if I were to see that a certain company was sponsoring my favourite sports team, I would automatically see them as a popular and trendy brand. In addition, jersey sponsorship will bring benefits to the various teams in the NHL and the overall league, specifically on the financial side. Companies will be paying each team to advertise their products and brand name, increasing the revenue for the teams and league.

In conclusion, jersey sponsorship in the NHL is a very unique and innovative way of advertising that will be beneficial for the sponsors, consumers and the league.