Canada Will Soon Has the 1st MUJI Store in Toronto

MUJI store

MUJI store

According to Vicky Ru-Yun Cheng’s Blog, I noticed that MUJI will open stores in Canada and the first store will locate in Toronto.

MUJI is a Japanese store that provides furniture, clothing, stationaries etc. Is enjoys great popularity in Japan because of its high-quality and well-designed products.

MUJI Furniture

MUJI Furniture

Vicky mentioned in her article that ‘It is a wise strategy for MUJI to keep the price low, because as a foreign brand, its main goal is to be able to compete with others’.

I strongly agree with this opinion. Because it is generally acknowledged that the average price level in Canada is relatively high compared to United States or some Asian countries like China, so keeping the price level low will definitely make MUJI more competitive.

Besides, in China, there are several MUJI stores locate in different cities. For example, in my hometown, there are 4 stores, but I found people seldom shop in MUJI. I think this is because MUJI’s price is still too high for Chinese people, as they have loads of much more inexpensive substitutes in the market.

Therefore, I think MUJI will become much more popular in Canada and I am looking forward to seeing more stores here.