it's better to say too much

krystal

SECOND YEAR: Now a proud Arts One alumna, I am no longer majoring in Psychology, but pursing a double major in Women’s and Gender Studies and History. I still live in Place Vanier, but as a Residence Advisor in Mawdsley. I was an Imagine Day MUG Leader, currently a peer tutor for my Psychology 100 professor from last year, and member of the Women’s and Gender Studies Student Association. And because I apparently don’t find myself busy enough, I am the Communications Coordinator for the F-Word Conference

This year I’ve travelled to Calgary, Victoria and California, had my picture taken with Mickey Mouse, saw Lights perform live twice in the same week in two different cities, and crowd pumped at We Day for the second time.

FIRST YEAR: I arrived all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, with my new purple Blackberry and Lights obsession, moved into my single room at Place Vanier on 2nd floor Okanagan where many a friendship was waiting to be made, and adventure waiting to be had. I was a member-at-large on (then BooOk, now OkaBoo) house council, member of the Equity Committee, Emerging Leader with the VP, Students Emerging Leaders Program, and Me to We Mobilizer. September came and then so did April.

KRYSTAL 2 YEARS AGO: In high school I was what one would consider an overachieving nerd. I bided my time with an array of activities (ie. Curling, Rugby, Italian plays, French speeches, 30 Hour Famine participant, Orientations Leader, etc. etc.) until I was able to burst through the slightly stifling walls of my suburban city, and start a new adventure. So, I packed my bags, and my countless scarves and headed west to where longboards, mountains, beaches and where wearing leggings as pants was socially acceptable.