About me

Posted by in Blog Posts

Hey everyone!

My name is Daniel Felberg! I was born in London in 1997, but moved to Brazil when I was just 2 years old. I’ve lived there until this year, when I recently moved to Vancouver to study at the University of British Columbia. There, I hope to major in International Relations 🙂

I have a wide variety of hobbies, some of which include skateboarding, snowboarding, playing my Playstation 4™, and playing the drums. In fact, at my high school in Brazil, I played in the school band from 8th grade up until Senior Year, and during my Junior year, I even played in the school’s Jazz Band.

As a Brazilian, it’s always been a dilemma for me whether or not to consider myself a “Latino”. This uncertainty first came up when my friends and I started doing our standardized tests, and when college applications asked if you were a “Latino”. In the end, after defining “Latinos”, as those who have inherited or have been influenced by the culture throughout Latin America, I considered myself to be one. This self-identification that I went through would mildly change the way I saw others from the same continent as I resided in.

Despite the language barrier (Portuguese and Spanish), some cultural aspects were shockingly similar. VapoRub™ was the cure for everything. We could all get along with the casual portuñol. Not to mention that there was simply this inherent “warmth” that we all had developed as a collective throughout the years.

So, with that, I hope to learn more about “Latin America” and those who reside in it, but outside of Brazil, so that I can have an opportunity to learn more about my neighbors’ cultures.