Assignment 1 – Personal Reflection

Designing our online delivery platform rubric was a good experience for me. After our slightly staggered start people worked together quite professionally. We completed the whole assignment asynchronously as we quickly discovered all of our schedules were very full and time zone differences complicated matters. Honestly I very much appreciated that. I find that when meeting synchronously there is a lot of time wasted with waiting for late arrivals and technical problems. People also tend to have a hard time agreeing to things when in a group setting. In our group we discussed a plan on the boards and decided very quickly what we wanted to do. Interestingly again, we didn’t assign roles. Jason started a doc and I remember starting the rubric. The next day work had been done on it. I worked awhile the next night and signed off to find the section completed. I’m not sure who finished it but I like that. I like that our assignment has been created together in such a way that no one claims ownership. In our scenario this what would have served our university best. That sort of collaboration brings out the best ideas and the cohesion without ego results in a more efficient process. I can only hope that future group projects will run so smoothly.