Consideration of the Extension of Appointment for Dr. Rickey Yada, Dean of the Faculty of Land and Food Systems

From: Andrew Szeri, Provost and Vice-President Academic

“Dr. Rickey Yada’s term as Dean is coming to an end on September 30, 2019. Prof. Yada has indicated his willingness to consider an extension to his appointment as Dean of the Faculty of Land and Food Systems. Therefore, we are initiating the process for his extension as set out by the Board of Governors under Policy No. 23: https://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2016/12/policy23.pdf

I have asked the Registrar to conduct an election of faculty members to serve on the President’s Advisory Committee. Once l receive the results of the election and we have the composition of the committee finalized, I will inform you of the process.

I will chair the Advisory Committee which will consult widely within the Faculty, the University and beyond, and I will ensure that the Faculty is kept informed throughout the process”

This entry was posted in News & Events. Bookmark the permalink.