Completing the circle.

Class 21 has just finished and my eyes have been opened to the concept of the Arc Initiative … I’ve ran to the Sauder library to blog.
I had heard of the ARC initiative from a fall preview day in December of 2012, where Jeff spoke, and i sat, anticipating the end of high school and the start of a journey. Little did i know what was to come!
Of course there is a business view of the Arc initiative, the value it provides Sauder, the image of innovation, the echo that Sauder is a leading business school but having just sat through one of the last lectures of my first term at Sauder, one tool, that has always been mentioned stood out to me. Networking. And not just with current business owners to benefit ourselves.
We have learnt theories, used formulas, skyped alumni and created business model canvas’ throughout the course of comm 101, and it all flew by before i had chance to stop and think. Todays lecture provided the chance to look back at what i have learnt, and how the tools i gained over the past three months can drastically change the direction of an entrepreneurs business in a developing country.
Here’s a huge R.O.I, never mind the numbers, looking at what previous years have achieved, how they have shaped the lives of current and potential business owners has provided incredible motivation. Being able to use the skills we have learnt in a single semester at Sauder to guide an entrepreneur in the real world is an opportunity i do not want to miss out on.