On-Campus Food Deals

You know what we should do? We should all offer suggestions to one another about where is the best so-and-so to get.

For example, if you want butter chicken, you should go to the Village basement. If you go into the food fair and turn left, and go right to the very end, you’ll find an Indian place that sells what I in my inexperience think is really good butter chicken (and what others with their more experienced palates agree is quite good butter chicken) for the price of approximately $5.50. This means a large plate of rice with butter chicken all on top and a large piece of naan bread to go with it.

I tried the butter chicken from the Delly in the SUB basement yesterday and was rather disappointed — for $8.50, I got half of EVERYTHING the Village offers: only rice or one piece of naan that is also half the size of the Village naan, with about the same amount of butter chicken, but I prefer the taste of the other one. The short walk from the SUB to the Village is well worth saving those extra $3 and for a much better offer.

As for cookies, I have stopped purchasing from (the SUB’s) Pacific Spirit Place completely and solely patronize Blue Chip Cookies instead. I have been racking my brains for how to bake their delectable Marbellous cookies at home… I keep buying Marbellouses to study the ingredients, but I just can’t seem to work it out — which means, of course, that I buy more.

And I haven’t yet found a better place for wraps than Vanier’s, which I do still sometimes frequent when I’m longing for some egg salad in a wrap.

So what food suggestions do you have?

5 responses to “On-Campus Food Deals