The Relation Between Schools’ Anniversary Ceremonies and Economy

Why I choose to write this blog? Because today is my senior high school’s 125th anniversary, the ceremony was really fabulous and everyone put effort into it. I want to say happy birthday my dear school and sent my best wishes to her! However, I find that there are some facts, which reflected from different schools’ anniversary ceremony concerned with economy.

My school’s ceremony 

On the one hand, I find that my school reconstructed a lot of old buildings, including school history museum. It indeed improved school’s fame and make the school more beautiful, but as a student who graduated from it, I have never visited the school history museum when I was in school. It is kind of wasting money for reconstructing the school history museum only open in typical days.

On the other hand, the distinguished guests who came to the ceremony are mostly from the government, other school’s presidents as well as former students. But there are fewer former school students who are successful in business have been invited.

In my opinion, I think school should make good use its money to students’ study environment, such as reconstructing labs. Besides, school should attach importance to persons who devoted themselves to business.

Sources: http://photo.renren.com/photo/248452356/photo-7463867825

Business ethics—What We Urgently Call for in 21st century China’s Commerce

It is vividly reveals from the book “Organizational Behavior” that: “Ethic is the study of moral values or principles that guide our behavior and inform us whether actions are right or wrong.” Therefore, the business ethics talk about the relation between business and moral principles as will as set regulations to solve ethical problems connected with economy, which are of great significant for people who commit themselves to commerce.

Companies in China should stress importance to business ethics for its serious quality problems. For example, as it reported in BBC news “China to step up monitoring of baby milk powder “(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23630286), the government began to monitor baby milk powder strictly. As we all know that in September 2008, a influential Chinese company called “San Lu” produced milk powder contaminated with the industrial chemical melamine, which led to plenty of babies’ have severe calculus of kidney and the company also lost their trust from costumers and their good brand too. Only couple month ago, another milk powder company in China also trapped in the poisonous milk powder.

Children are checked in hospital                       Chinese and Hong Kong authorities have recalled tainted products

Children are checked in hospital                          Recall

It raised extensive discussion about solutions to business ethics in China. In my opinion, firstly, companies should value their responsibility in society instead of chasing profit blindly to realize business ethics. Secondly, for the government, it is the high time for them to establish authorities like FDA in the US to monitor the market. Last but not least, the costumers should have a positive and calm attitude towards this issue and evaluate it objectively other than being supreme scared about the food in China. Because it will disturb other countries’s milk powder market’s order.

In a word, it is business ethics rather than profit that make for a successful company and it should be encouraged and promoted in 21st century China’s commerce.

sources: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23630286