Featured post

Losing my Human-ity

Am I still human? When I no longer rely on my body clock but rely on ringing alarms and colored timetables to give me direction for the day, am I still human? When I lock myself indoors drowned in a booklet of psychology papers; when floating knowledge of economics and political science flood my neural circuits with pitiful desperation to be utilized, am I still human? Continue reading

Featured post

A Distant Home

It’s pretty difficult adapting to hearing the word home and realizing it’s not what I think it is; home to me for the past 15 years has been one place – same old room,  and people, and views, and streets – I got so used to this one place being home so much that once I hear the word home, or think of home, only this one idea & place comes to my mind, but it’s thousands of miles away and I have to come to terms with my new home now. Continue reading

Homelessness in the Shadows

This image is of a homeless man, but what did you notice first. The art piece? Or the impoverishment showcased subtly in the image.

Photography is amazing – it encapsulates the beauty of pretty cities and fancy lights, it captures fleeting moments and emotions, and it’s an injection of nostalgia for our past recollections; on the other hand, it captures memories which we’re grateful for their transience – happy that they may never have to resurface again, captures negativity and numerous forms of societal vices, and on the wild, highly extreme end of the spectrum (as shown in the picture), penury.  Continue reading