Who Dis?

I’m Lizzy, the author of this humble blog.

This is my face in case you were curious.

mahfaceonbalconyI’m 2nd-year student in that illustrious faculty known as the Sauder School of Business.

What else do I do?

You mean besides watching Suits and Scandal while giving my stack of homework and assigned reading a fearful glance every now and then?

I spend some time playing soccer when it’s not -3o degrees outside (shoutout to Alberta, my ridiculously frosty home province). I’m a Christian and a member of UCM (University Christian Ministry), a club that has changed my life  here at UBC. I can get pretty heated about issues relating to systematic inequality and social justice and I love a good debate, I listen to music a lot and though I’m always open to new suggestions from any genre (seriously, hit me up), hip hop is where my heart’s at. And I write spoken word poetry.  I clearly like to write (and talk) a lot, so I also write for The Cavalier, Sauder’s faculty newspaper. Using too many commas is a real problem for me.

Why did I choose to go to UBC?

In no particular order,

1. The gorgeous campus
  2. The Bachelor of Commerce Program
  3. The fact that it was away from home

So since I’ve only covered the basic spiel, feel free to glean whatever else you want to know from the future posts I’ll try to make on some sort of a regular basis.

Lace Up,

Liz

For more info on Lace Up and to discover music that will make your heart explode with happiness (not guaranteed, but likely), start here: http://www.machinegunkelly.com/biography