toshis

the review: Today, 10 of us checked out Toshi’s at 16th and Main.  Toshi’s, arguably the best Japanese in Vancouver, always boasts a huge line.  I got there ½ hr before it opened at 5 in hopes of securing a spot.  Despite my best efforts, there were still about 20 other people before me with the same idea.  We ended up waiting approximately an hour, but once we got in, it was well worth it.

Jon, Juan, Onur, Claudia, and I crowded into a corner table and shared a mix of appetizers, sushi, sashimi and my favorite spicy agedashi tofu.  Toshi’s doesn’t try to re-invent the wheel with their sushi, but rather focuses on perfecting the classics and offering them at a good price.  Everyone raved about how fresh the sashimi was and how delicious the rolls were. And many said it was the best sushi they had experienced in Vancouver.

Due to the wait, we had all worked up such a HUGE appetite that after eating our first round of food, we decided we needed seconds.  I definitely broke my $15 budget tonight, but it was SO SO good!!

the rating: Toshi’s scored a 3.5 on ambiance, a 4 on menu, a 4 on pricing, a 3 on service, a 4 on presentation, and a 4.5 on taste generating an overall score of 4 stars.

the quote of the day: “食べ物はおいしかったです。私は良い人です。” -Dave

“Best sushi I’ve had in Vancouver” – Thomas

the website: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/14/181856/restaurant/mount-pleasant-main-street/toshi-sushi-vancouver

Claudia, Jon, and I

besties: Onur and Juan

today’s panel

Kim, Thomas, Leslie, Preeth & Dave

the best spicy agedashi tofu

rolls

sashimi