Does Social Media Really work ?

Hi everyone ! As the flower blossom and squirels rolling out on the glass, it is spring time; and it mean our classses are wrapping up once in for all in 1 week time.

As for this last post, I would still discuss of the impact of e-Marketing, specifically evaluate on the use of Social Media.

First, I have been following our classmate’s Daniela  blog – “Discover Facebook Fan Page” on the methods of professionally using Social Media as B2C marketing. The best tips are :

Not To do on Facebook

What not to do on Facebook

Know your market

SWEEP with Info

GOLDEN RATIO

Facebook Lesson in 10 steps  (click here for FULL presentation)

• Important lesson learnt : it is easy to set up the social media site, but it is more difficult to create a “engagement”. It is necessary to keep customers interested in your sites so that you will have a true engagement !
  • My thoughts: Maintaining facebook is like maintaining a relationship. You always have to be up to date, sometimes playful, sometimes serious, pay details to detains; it is a two way communication,  input and efforts from both parties to make it happen. Do you agree with me ? Let me know what you think of. 

From STUDY: The Richest Companies Get The Least Media Attention

• Apple is the brand with the most publicity and media attention aevery time it releases a new iPad or iPhone. Apple was the lone company to buck the trend, ranking second in the cash department, with 14 percent of 2011’s total revenue, and first in media attention, with 32 percent.
    HOWEVER,  the 10 wealthiest public companiesHighBeam Research discovered that many of the businesses that generate the most revenue receive the least amount of media attention E.g. General Electric, JP Morgan in terms of publicity.
  • On the opposite end, Google ranked second in terms of media exposure, at 24 percent, even though it was near the bottom of the revenue list with just 5 percent of the Top 10’s revenue.  In addition, Microsoft garnered 16 percent of the media spotlight while accounting for just 9 percent of the revenue.

In conclusion; I’ve presented the methods for you to market well in terms of utilizing Social Media Marketing; however, social media does NOT necessary means social media marketing must be the “it” for you or the “must take” path. For a company to have successful marketing, you must understand the YOUR business

1. STRATEGY : Mission, Long term, Environment (flexibility to changes)
  2. 3Es : Engage (clicks), Enable (convert), Evaluate (report).

Remember the functionality of Online Marketing – Brand Awareness or Value Exchange.

So, Remember SMART and SEO.

[Smart – Specific, Measurable, Accesible, Reliable, Time Based.  SEO – choose the right keyword, optimised keyword, condense keyword]

Above concludes the key tips for my E-MARKETING blog.

Jing Hui, Cheah 🙂