About Me

Hey world!

My name’s Mackenzie Lockhart and this year I’ll be a member of the UBC Go Global Blog Squad! Basically that means for the 2014-2015 school year I’ll be blogging about my experience abroad as an exchange student.  In September I’ll be leaving the beautiful UBC campus to study at Durham University in Britain for 9 months (or 269 days, to be exact).  While abroad, I’ll be using the blog to share my adventures, experiences, thoughts, feelings, and really anything I think people might be interested in!

A little bit about myself first.  I’m currently going into my 4th year in the Faculty of Arts at UBC, working towards a double major in Psychology and Political Science.  Generally I’ve been leaning towards Social Psychology and Canadian Politics but while I’m abroad I’ll be focusing more on Cognitive and Neuro Psychology as well as British and European Politics.  Outside of school I usually spend my time hanging out with friends, swimming, or exploring Vancouver!  I’ve lived in Vancouver my entire life, except for a brief sabbatical to the UK a while back. I’ll probably be one of the younger student bloggers as I’m only turning 18 in a few weeks!

A few fun facts about me are that I have a twin brother at UBC who isn’t going on exchange, I’m in love with British accents, and I graduated high school when I was 14!

Well that’s all I can think of as being important, I’m sure you’ll get to know me as the year goes on!