Intentional Negligence? [comm 296 blog post #1]

While we are continually flooded with news updated every second, it is quite surprising to find posting out there in the community that is as dated as 4-year old.

McDonald’s does a very good job in informing its customers what is new about the fast food giant. As you walk into a McDonald’s restaurant, you are embraced with limitless smiles, standardized two-sentence greetings and DON’T FORGET, the most updated food menu and the in-season promotion items in their own special cut out cardboards. Flyers show up at your doorstep regularly to remind you it is time again to get your favourite $4.99 Can Dine value combo.

So when I was safely assuming that I would be synced with every piece of latest news whenever I walk into the restaurant, last week, I was amazed to see a nutrition fact sheet which dates May 28th, 2009.

Certainly, it is important for the managers to keenly advertise their new vegetarian wraps. It is just as important to let the consumers know what they are taking in when they order the new Santa Fe veggie wrap.

It is one thing that the information is not available to be publicized but it is another thing when marketers are intentionally neglecting some facts and only disclosing fractions of the whole story.