If you market it well, you sell it even better!

In Muieen’s blog, he talks about DollarShaveClub, a company who is nothing but a producer of razors. However, they have created such a strong marketing campaign that not only provides cheap, simple, and accessible products but they have created a value for customers since they are as good or even better as the powerful brands (Gillette).

There is no doubt that the internet is one of the most powerful tools to communicate your value proposition, your ideas, your company to every customer around the world. Even though the product is not meant to be for everyone (market segmentation), a strong ad, such as the ad of DollarShaveClub, can have a strong impact on potential customers in the future.

Also, Muieen explains how this ad got 12,000 customers within the first two days of being online. This clearly reflects the power of marketing and how important marketing is because if a company can market it well, they will sell it even better.

The fact that the ad is simple, funny, and relaxed, Mike, founder of the company, is able to show customers that they don’t need fancy advertisements to show the benefits of their products. As long as you can create and capture the value on your customers, they will come to you.

I enjoyed watching the ad as well. Despite I am not part of this segment, I strongly believe that if I ever need a razor, I will go to DollarShaveClub instead of buying the overpriced brands such as Gillette.

Finally, This convinces me that there is always opportunities for people like us to take the risk and to be entrepreneurs to compete against important brands. A determinant factor will be marketing of course!.

This information was taken from Muieen Cader’s blog:
https://blogs.ubc.ca/muieencader2/2013/10/05/marketing-done-right/

Also, if you want to watch the ad, follow the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUG9qYTJMsI