Hipster Ariel

I went to a debate party. It was super awesome and fun. I drank pineapple juice and no one even laughed at me!

Anyway, my super talented friend started drawing portraits of everyone (unfortunately they were caught in a bit of a spill, otherwise I’d upload them here.) And it was decided  that I looked like hipster Ariel. (It was a hipster party. I wore a beanie/toque thing. Ironically, of course.) So I thought it would be funny to actually come to debate in an Ariel wig (if anyone has one, I’d love to borrow it! I’ll give you a hug!). And then I found this:

Ah yes. The traditional Chinese Ariel Wig. During the Tang Dynasty (618-907), Ariel Wigs were created for young women’s synchronized swimming clubs. As the eBay seller states, each wig—each individual hair, in fact—is hand-carved (later making it craved by consumers). An authentic Tang Dynasty Wig can be found in UBC’s Museum of Anthropology.

Except not. I’m really not sure what the motivation behind this product description was… maybe I’m overanalysing (that’s NEVER happened before) but I actually found this hysterical. Like there was actual laughter going on.

Back to the point… wait. I didn’t have one.

Here’s a cat. Have a good week!