A Reflective Finale

Hello ladies, gentlemen, and everyone inbetween! The year has been full of new and wonderful experiences and I can’t believe that It’s coming to an end! The CAP Global Citizens program that I’m enrolled in has been amazing and I couldn’t imagine regretting it for a second! With so much going on (and going wrong) in the world, the Global Citizen stream’s content is more relevant that i could have ever imagined. I’m so glad I have taken each class in the stream, as I find that they all discuss to the real issues that are taking place today. I’ve learnt about, discussed, and broadened my view of the politics of many current events in Political Science. I’ve explored sociological theory’s applications to problems such as gender inequality and racism. In Geography, I’ve learnt about topics like modernity and geopolitics while exploring more specific content like the militarisation of developing world and the Eurasian heartland. Finally, ASTU provided a strong literary foundation and dove into the intriguing topics of memory and global citizenship. The Global Citizens program has not only allowed me to learn about important content, it’s allowed me to engage with it. With discussing so much of the programs content and hearing so many different perspectives I truly feel that the CAP Global Citizens program has made me a more informed and well rounded individual. This program has lead me to question the things happening around me as well as my own position on many topics. It might be (/definitely is) cheesy to say, but the more and more I learn the more I realize how much there is that I don’t know. This is true for both the content of my courses and the different ideas presented by my peers and professors. Almost everyday in class I am lucky enough to have my own ideas challenged and perhaps that is the best aspect of the best program I could have chosen. While signing out I would like to thank my professors, TA’s, and classmates for making this year great, I wish you all the best!