“Group Bookings Assistant” Position Application

My passion for art and design has led me to apply for the position of “Group Bookings Assistant” at the Vancouver Art Gallery.

My application contains the following documents:

• Group Bookings Assistant Position Instructions 
    This is the initial posting for the position of Group Bookings Assistant, as located on the Alliance for Arts website. It provides all necessary position details, such as the responsibilities and the qualifications required for the role.
  • Cover Letter 
    This letter highlights my professional experiences at the Vancouver Police Museum and the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute.
  • Résumé 
    My résumé provides my educational and professional backgrounds, along with my personal skills and accomplishments. It provides specific details of my previous experience working with bookings at two different museums.
  • First Reference Letter Request 
    My first reference letter request is to the Director of the Vancouver Police Museum, Caitlin Shipp. We continue to work together to this day on projects to improve the museum. This includes a recent report I wrote on how to increase the number of long-term, qualified volunteers at the museum.
  • Second Reference Letter Request 
    Mel Ferguson, the recipient of my second request letter, is currently the Director of the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute. In it, I discuss how I managed the gift shop for the summer, and organized the museum’s Halloween fair.
  • Third Reference Letter Request 
    The final letter I wrote is addressed to Sandra Robertson, who was my employer at the Downtown New Westminster Business Improvement Association. While working with Sandra, I helped plan, organize and execute the organization’s annual food truck festival. Since the festival saw over 100 trucks attend, the communication skills I developed are extensive. These skills will be particularly helpful in managing the variety of requests from groups visiting the Vancouver Art Gallery.

A searchable version of my résumé can be found here.