This afternoon I went to see The Social Network at Silver City, and I came away thoroughly impressed. A mere documentary about a successful website this is not; The Social Network is an engrossing character piece, with Jesse Eisenberg doing a phenomenal job at portraying Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook. I would give my wholehearted recommendation of this movie to just about any type of moviegoer, as it has nearly universal appeal. However, if there was a primary target market it would be university aged students who use Facebook (although this would definitely not be the only targeted group). I will refrain from spoiling any of the plot so that everyone can experience it for themselves, but everything from the direction to the performances is top notch. This is definitely a must see movie, and my favourite of the year.

Jesse Eisenberg is phenomenal as the narcissistic genius, Mark Zuckerberg.

The prices at Silver City were notably expensive at $12.50 (including tax) but I felt that it was a good value for the superior picture and sound. I wouldn’t want to pay so much for every movie that I go to throughout the year, but after enjoying this movie for its whole 2 hour running time I had absolutely no buyer’s remorse.

If you have any spare time at all between midterms, I highly recommend seeing The Social Network. And if you are still on the fence, the teaser trailer is available below; just keep in mind that it hardly does the movie justice.

YouTube Preview Image

Click here to watch the full length trailer.

Comment now!

Trackbacks