About Me

Hello there!

My name is Mikayla Uber and I am a 20 year old English Literature student at the University of British Columbia. I grew up in Portland, Oregon and this has led me to feel the most comfortable when my hand is clenched around a steaming cup of coffee and I’m fending off a relentless series of raindrops. But I am about to venture a little far from this comfort zone, as I am heading to Istanbul, Turkey where I will be studying for five months at Koc University. This is probably the most exciting thing I have done in my life, minus the time I ate maple bacon potato chips. I hope to update this blog quite frequently with stories, emotions, soaring landscape pictures, and all things Turkish. EEEE I’m so excited.

1012378_745686422167565_3382134655410371839_n

Love you all,

Mikayla

1 thought on “About Me

1. Well, this is glorious. I can’t wait to read all about your shenanigans in Turkey, especially if they are all maple bacon-themed. In other news, this almost inspires me to start travel blogging again. Almost.

I hope you have a time that is just awful enough to laugh about upon reminiscence and just wonderful enough to change your life.