Dip and Squeeze Packaging

Posted by: | March 10, 2011 | Comments Off on Dip and Squeeze Packaging

Can packaging make a difference when it comes to marketing a product? I think a clear answer is yes! Whether you pay extra, or it’s the same price, seeing new packaging is, in my opinion, and my fellow classmate’s opinion is “slightly exciting.”

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10447881-1.html

When you use ketchup do you dip? Or do you squeeze the ketchup out? Well, why can’t you do both? Heinz came out with a new packet design, which allows the consumer to both squeeze and dip. On Charlotte’s blog, she states ketchup is a monopolistic competition, but I believe that Ketchup is an oligopoly because there only a few firms that dominate the market, and there are a few barriers to entry. These barriers consist of the tomatoes being seasonal and the company needs special equipment to make the ketchup. This package is slower in developing the dip-able label, as many other sauces for other products are dip-able.

Manufacturing: package is somewhat small and stack-able

Retailers: Looks very presentable and way better than the old plastic, squishy, unappealing package. The new package looks a lot cleaner, and presentable

Consumers: It is convenient as it is both disposable, dip-able and squeezable.

Comments

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind