Clams, Crime Dramas and Other Vices

by Juliana on October 16, 2009

clams

So I cooked some clams this weekend. I cooked them in a nice chicken broth with some lemon grass, shallots, cumin, garlic and some coconut cream. I was quite pleased at how well they turned out. If you’re interested, please visit: http://www.saveonfoods.com/foodnutrition/recipes/steamed_mussels_clams.htm

It was such a simple and easy recipe to do. It only required one pot and it was done in about a half an hour. It also reminded me of the clam and mussel dishes that I often have at the restaurants and I was pleased that I wouldn’t necessarily have to go out to a fancy restaurant to get this kind of dish.

I am also pleased to report that I kept up with my workouts fairly well. In addition, I managed to get a lot of sleep too. I think people can underestimate how sleep is important with staying healthy. Sleep helps with wound healing, helping your immune system and it does help you think better. Of course that means going to bed at a decent hour and let’s face it, we all love our shows (CSI: Anything, Medium, Dexter, Criminal Minds etc.). But sometimes having the discipline to turn off the TV and go to bed early can be the best and healthiest decisions.

Now I will admit that I certainly am guilty of staying up late to watch my shows and as you can see by the list that I’ve quoted the shows I like to watch are all along the lines of crime dramas which do stimulate the brain. You would laugh at the dreams (or nightmares) that I often get after watching these shows. And you would think the nightmares and waking up in a cold sweat would keep me from watching these shows, but no. I still go back for more, even though I know that they can be hazardous to my sleep.

I guess I still have a few vices to work on.