Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog (experiment)! Hopefully, over the coming months, this blog will help me reach several goals. First, as part of my teacher education program at UBC I will be spending the coming year working on an inquiry project. I do not have my final question defined yet, but I do know that I would like it to involve the use of extensions, modifications, and adaptations in teaching methods to enhance education for students of all learning styles and previous experience. As part of this inquiry I would like to facilitate student access to on-line resources. Hopefully this blog will be a useful portal for students to find further inspiration for projects and learning support.
Second, I feel this web-site could be a useful platform for clarifying educational goals, showcasing student work, and further connecting parents, guardians, and families to the classroom. A central concept to Home Economics is valuing a holistic approach to learning that includes self-regulation as well as the strengthening of connections within families and communities. Hopefully this site can strengthen the communication that supports these endeavours.
Finally, this web-site facilitates my ability to share media I find relevant and interesting in an easily accessible yet unobtrusive manner. Please be patient with me as I redesign and figure out how best to utilize this space. I am looking forward to communicating through this new platform.