myles blog

Hello world!

September 20th, 2010 · 1 Comment

Hello my name is Myles. This is my first blog, and it will be related to ANYTHING to do with marketing. 🙂

I wanted to blog about a funny and effective commercial I found on you tube about 6 months ago. It honestly made me laugh for about 5 minutes. Sure enough the next time I went shopping I purchased the product they were pitching in this add. I was hooked.

I think this add was effective mainly because of the actor. He is extremely fit and has hilarious facial expressions. Since the commercials actually fun to watch I found myself checking it out on my free time. Now that’s seduction.  Also since the commercial is so weird it really stands out from the average add. In fact the only reason I paid attention to the commercial in the first place was because of its abnormality.

Another note I wanted to make was how this commercial probably didn’t cost Old Spice too much. Besides the actor everything else was very basic. It was effective because it gave the product a tough image and made me want to try the new body wash.

I especially like the part when he breaks through the wall and knocks the mini building down. The addition of fire was great.

I wouldn’t say that it was love at first sight but I would recommend this product to any guy who needed a good body wash. It really works as well as the commercial said it would, and for me that’s a huge plus.

Old spice has created a great image in the past few years with these campaigns and a huge fan base with this simple marketing. This cannot be ignored!

Here is a link to the commercial on you tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tI4CbCniBI&feature=related

You will also find other related adds by Old Spice on the right hand side of the you tube webpage.

Tags: Uncategorized

1 response so far ↓

• Mr WordPress // Sep 20th 2010 at 3:54 am

Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in and view the post's comments. There you will have the option to edit or delete them.