Okay…let’s set things straight; I am a confused, shy, adventurous teenager from Ghana. However, I am not sure if I should start with an inspirational quote because that’s seems normal or actually go straight to the point. I think I’ll just start with my name and follow up from there. In a normal Ghanaian home, parents find it necessary to name their children after almost everyone in their extended families (uncles, aunties, grandmothers, great grandmothers etc.). When this happens, fortunately or unfortunately kids like me end up with names like Nana Abena Oparebea Adu-Botchway. The train of names doesn’t end. I am 18 and anticipating 21st January 2016 when I will finally be legal. Anytime I think of this, the voice of my dear mother saying ”do not do what I would not do” rings in my head. However, I will be trying most of the things on my bucket list including my mixtape (I’ll send the soundcloud link soon). I am not that much of traveler. I have lived in Ghana all my life and moving to another country in another continent is not something easy to deal with. The food and weather are major things I struggle with however with time I hope to adjust. Galen Strawson said “Beginning in late adolescence and young adulthood, we construct integrative narratives of the self that selectively recall the past and wishfully anticipate the future to provide our lives with some semblance of unity, purpose, and identity”. As a young adult I have become more interested in social and racial issues in our century. So far with my experience in my CAP classes or specifically my ASTU class, I have come to be more concerned about some gender issues. Why are women being undermined/underestimated all the time? Why does the Sharia Law in its own way degrade the class of women? Under the Sharia Law, there is a category of crimes known as the Hudud (Koranic) offences, for which there are specific punishments. Under the so-called Zina (fornication) law in Pakistan, extramarital sex is punishable by public whipping or normally stoning to death. Also, if a woman is raped, she does not have a say in court and has a high risk of being charged with Zina. For some people as lucky as Amina Lawal who was convicted by the Sharia court for having a child out of wedlock, they are lucky to have human rights activists to help appeal and get them out of such injustices.