Posted by: | 25th Nov, 2010

Response to Rosie’s Pepsi Refresh

Rosie recently put up a post about the Pepsi Refresh Project and I wanted to comment on how great I thought this program was. Rather than Pepsi taking on more and more projects that may not have a direct impact or may not be completely related to the company’s strategic direction, this project enables Pepsi to support different projects. Whether these be socially or environmentally.

It reminds me that business sustainability is not just about the environment but the communities that we live in. I was really inspired by this video about transforming communities that need grants.

I agree with Rosie’s comments about Pepsi’s long term positioning strategy and I think that this will be beneficial in the long term. After doing our lecture on Monitoring Performance I would love to see the decision making process behind this project and wha

t the particular milestones will be. They state that they are taking $25 million from their marketing budget and putting it into the Refresh Project so it would be very interesting to see how they monitor the results.

What I also like about this video is that the Marketing Directors speak about how they communicated the project and all the different channels that they used to get the project out there. Traditional Media and of course Social Media.

Intro Video

YouTube Preview Image

Leave a response

Your response: