Audrey Hepburn Back to Life

“There is not a woman alive who does not dream of looking like Audrey Hepburn.”-
Hubert de Givenchy. Iconic actress Audrey Hepburn is the most beautiful woman in my
heart for she is classy and elegant with a perfect face. Tiffany & Co. has become one of my favorite brands since Audrey Hepburn had starred in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s, wearing the Tiffany’s Yellow Diamond.

Recently, I came across this video on a YouTube channel with Audrey Hepburn starring in Galaxy Chocolate UK TV advertisement. As a Hepburn fan, I was delighted to see her on screen again. So how did Audrey Hepburn make herself resurrect after her death in 1993 and appear in the commercial ad as the new “Galaxy girl” to sell the indulgent Galaxy chocolate? The ad agency AMV BBDO created the ad with a combination of footage shots on the Amalfi Coast in Italy and computer-generated imagery (CGI) animation of Audrey Hepburn. Making use of Audrey’s entire feature film catalog and all available press and documentary photographs as reference, the team recorded more than 70 possible muscle movements and blended facial expressions to reconstruct Audrey’s face. Arnold, a new renderer was then used to perfect the complex look of skin and make Audrey looks real.

It is totally amazing that technology nowadays is so advanced and innovate, in which it can even bring a death people back to life to star in a commercial ad, especially when Audrey Hepburn is described as a timeless glamorous star. Although there are criticisms and controversies amongst viewers, saying that the ad is distasteful, creepy and insulting Audrey Hepburn’s legacy, despite the blessing from Hepburn’s sons for they believe that their mother would have been “proud” to be in the ad as she “often spoke about her love of chocolate and how it lifted her spirit”, I think that this ad will definitely attract Hepburn fans like me to attempt to purchase a bar of Galaxy Chocolate to experience a taste for being Audrey Hepburn.