Pep Talk Netflix Canada Commercial

The new Netflix Canada commercial is by far the most humorous commercial I have ever seen. Why? Because it is relatable as me, like most Canadian movie lovers have watched a sports film where a coach has given a motivational speech (Any Given Sunday speech by Al Pacino is the speech that I immediately think of).

Take a look at the commercial HERE.

Now, when I tried to figure out why this commercial was so effective on me I realized I was exactly who the commercial was targeting. I have been in a hockey dressing room when a coach has said a motivational speech many times before, just like in the commercial. I along with many Canadians who have played hockey and been in that dressing room (or Canadians who at least understand the hockey culture) were the perfect target market for the commercial to focus on. Netflix did a great job in realizing this and succeeded in making a funny commercial that many people could relate to.

Would this commercial have been as effective in other countries? Probably not. Likely many countries wouldn’t have understood the movie reference the coach was talking about and the location of the hockey dressing room wouldn’t have struck home with viewers in many other countries.

Well done Netflix! Your commercial was effective and I am happy to be a proud Netflix user after watching the commercial.