Entrepreneurship: It’s a vision not success

In our Innovation and Entrepreneurship lecture last Tuesday, many students clicked the option “working for a big company” when we were asked what we would after graduation. This is not so surprising since working for big companies seems to guarantee safety and reduce risks better compared to being an entrepreneur. However, growing up in a family running a small business, I was taught to be my own boss, which is, in other word, becoming an entrepreneur.

There are reasons for people to thrive to start up their own business. The desire of creating a huge enterprise. The need to being on top of that enterprise. The excitement of creating something big all by themselves. It is surely addictive and engaging. But it is worth fighting for despite the risks and failures that may show up on the way.

Judy Estrin, an entrepreneur, is not an exception as she herself also involved in many business start ups. Her stories bring a great value that many “entrepreneurs” have misunderstood: “I never started a company because I wanted to start a company. Each one of the company was driven by a vision and a passion to solve the problem.”

Judy Estrin: Addicted to team-building at Evntlive