Miss Pierce- A History

My name is Nicole Pierce. I was born in Edmonton, Alberta and later raised in beautiful White Rock, British Columbia, Canada. I attended Laronde Elementary School and Elgin Park Secondary School where I was inspired and challenged by many amazing educators. In 2013 I obtained my Bachelors of Arts Degree from the University of British Columbia and am currently working to complete the final semester of my Bachelors of Education Degree, with a focus on Social and Emotional Learning.

Working with children and fostering their learning and growth has been a passion of mine since I was a young girl. I strongly believe that children are the face of our future, and as such, it is the responsibility of educators to ensure that these young minds are provided with the highest quality education possible. Growing up I loved going to school and learning, and I feel as though this can be attributed to the many influential and inspiring teachers who I had at an early age. It is this ability, to make a positive impact on someone’s life, which drove me to want to become an educator myself. One of my main goals as a teacher is to foster a warm and inviting classroom community where students feel supported, valued, and have the opportunity to grow as individuals as well as a group.

Out side of teaching I have many interest and hobbies. Growing up I was a competitive dancer and I have trained in almost every dance form. Dance still a plays a large role in my life as I am now part of an adult dance team and even compete from time to time. I love anything that gives me a chance to be creative, whether it be scrapbooking, do it yourself projects, or simple arts and crafts. I am a huge family person and try to spend as much of my free time as possible relaxing with my friends, family and fur babies (pets).

Lesson planning with my pal!
Capone, the “fur baby”
Graduation Day.
Graduation Day.