Lesson reflection- What could I have done better?

Today in my practicum class I had the opportunity to work with my students in the form of a mini spelling lesson, which consisted of me marking their spelling sheets with them.

The ‘lesson’ actually went really well. I had pre-made a key using an extra spelling worksheet so had all of the answers ready to go, this is something I suggest when marking any type of worksheet/ activity. One thing that I think I could do better/ differently next time would be to have a set plan for which questions/ sections that I will offer the answers too and which questions/sections that I will ask the students to offer answers too. Also, it would be helpful if for questions that require answers being written out on the whiteboard you pre-wrote out the questions so that you are not spending a bunch of time with your back to the class writing up the questions.

All in all the lesson went very well. The classroom management skills that I previously outlined came in very handy and I felt that I had full control over my class the whole time.

1 thought on “Lesson reflection- What could I have done better?

1. YAY! What a good feeling when things go smoothly and you feel like the students have accomplished the goal set for them. That is one of the many joys of teaching!