Apple vs. Samsung: Can Apple Still Compete?

Apple is planning on releasing two new models of iPhones in the second half of next year with bigger screens and curved glass edges. These new models would be Apple’s largest models to date and could even have screens as big as Samsung’s 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 3. I believe Apple is feeling the pressure since Samsung became their biggest competitors in the smartphone market. Consumers are looking for affordability as well as new features and Samsung can offer both, whereas Apple has never been focused on creating low cost products. With Samsung’s many different models at varying prices, I believe Apple is trying to almost mimic this business plan, especially with their release of the iPhone 5C and the news of iPhones with bigger screens. I do think that Samsung has been successful with their business plan, but if Apple starts to follow in their footsteps, they could lose the customer segment that they have catered to from the beginning. I believe that if Apple goes in the direction of creating a product that so obviously competes with Samsung’s smartphones, they better do their research and create the best product on the market at an affordable price. Otherwise why would anyone switch from Samsung to Apple?

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/11/11/apple-inc-iphone-curved-big-screen/?__lsa=2723-e69c