Welcome To My Blog!

WeWork Commons

Posted by in Uncategorized

WeWork is a company that offers co-working spaces for start-ups and freelancers in 30 locations around the United States, Europe, and Israel that is valued at $1.5 billion. Today, WeWork has expanded its operations with a new social network called WeWork Commons, whose objective is to take the physical co-working spaces to anyone and anywhere. The social network membership costs $45/month and allows entrepreneurs and tech workers: Share stories and advice with one another, Find local events, Rent workspace, And, have access to discounted business services (health insurance, gym membership,…read more

0

The Lazy Person’s Guide To Kick Starting Your Personal Brand and Online Presence

Posted by in Uncategorized

I don’t know about you, but I think that personal branding is somewhat difficult, especially if you are not sure about your passions. It is important to start your personal brand now, as you want to continually grow your brand. However, the most difficult part about personal branding is well, knowing where and how to start. In my Internet Marketing class, we talked about how to start your personal brand and it starts with: Thinking about what you’re passionate about Picking three influencers who inspire you and connect with them….read more

0

Amazon Same Day Delivery Offered In Canada

Posted by in Uncategorized

Amazon is raising the ante with Canada’s e-commerce consumers by offering same day deliveries. They’ve made available hundreds of thousands of items for same day delivery in Vancouver. Here’s how it works. Consumers can place orders as late as noon, seven days a week, with deliveries arriving before 9pm. Can you imagine ordering DVDs, snacks, and video games, for that perfect lazy Sunday? The best part is that same day delivery doesn’t bear heavy costs, here’s the break down: Amazon Prime members: $6.99 flat fee per order Non-Prime customers:…read more

0

Starbucks Crises Averted

Posted by in Uncategorized

Christmas just isn’t right without those holiday drinks served in the iconic red cups at Starbucks… Peppermint Mocha, Crème Brulee latte, salted Caramel Mocha, and well that’s it. Starbucks announced that their Gingerbread Latte and Eggnog Latte were no longer being offered in the Pacific Northwest. Starbucks conducted consumer preferences’ research and concluded that BC and other Pacific Northwest regions were not fond of the Gingerbread and Eggnog latte. However, Starbuck drinkers were outraged by this decision and took to social media to voice their thoughts on the situation by…read more

0

Influencers: Instagrammers, Bloggers, Not Celebrities

Posted by in Uncategorized

In an article by Adweek, Instagram has become the new platform for high-end companies to exchange goods and services with posts in hopes of attracting wealthy consumers and millennials. Here are is an example of the latest wave: Mercedes USA leveraged the winner of a $29,000 CLA model by asking them to post pictures of the CLA during their three-day road trip to Washington, DC. The winner of the CLA also used hashtag #Clatakethewheel and @mbusa, which received 3,400 likes. For years, companies have been leveraging celebrities to promote and…read more

0

How Brands Can Engage And Capture Millennials

Posted by in Uncategorized

Adweek dedicated a week on Millennials and this article talks about how brands can get Millennials to like them. Now, being a millennial myself, I found the article and results to be quite interesting. Norty Cohen, founder and CEO of agency Moosylvania, makes a good point about how Millennials will adopt brands that make an effort to create a friendship. Once that friendship has been established, Millenials will go to great lengths to support the brand. Through social media channels, this cohort believes that they can make a difference for a…read more

0

“Anti-Facebook”

Posted by in Uncategorized

I’ve heard quite a bit of buzz from this new social media site that people are calling “Anti-Facebook”, so I decided to check it out. I didn’t necessarily get an account, but I did look at some of the favourite user profiles that were available on the home page. Some quick thoughts right off the bat are that, I actually like the simplicity of the website. It’s refreshing to have a black and white page with no advertisements, and I think that the old school text is cute. However, I…read more

1

Kik Promoted Chats

Posted by in Uncategorized

Kik paid Promoted Chats symbolize a new form of bot advertising. Bot advertising is not the best way to communicate because usually the messages are stiff, awkward, and sometimes not relevant. However, Kik’s Promoted Chats lets marketers set automated messages in a way that seems one-to-one, and it’s called “chatvertising”. I think that messaging can be a powerful marketing medium because consumers spend more time on apps like Snapchat, WeChat, Line, and WhatsApp. If a brand can send out an…read more

0

Native Advertising

Posted by in Uncategorized

The biggest trend in advertising is in the format of Native advertising. Running the same paid banner ad is getting old, boring, and simply not driving impressions. Therefore, advertisers are attempting to gain consumer’s attention by providing content in the context of the user’s experience. This online advertising technique is still an emerging medium; however, companies are quickly learning what works and what doesn’t. The key to running a successful Native ad is all about relevancy and integration.           Heineken’s tequila-flavoured Desperados beer campaign used geo-targeting…read more

0

Apple Pay Means Having Your Wallet With You Always

Posted by in Uncategorized

The other day I forgot my wallet at home and I couldn’t stop thinking, “if only I could use my phone to pay for food”. Later that day, I read an article about Apple Pay, a digital payment system that allows people to pay using their phone. I thought, “Wow, if only this was available now”! Sadly, that is not the case. Apple Pay will only be available for the new iPhones and watches. However, Bill gates said in an interview that this new technology has a higher chance…read more

0