#8) Starbucks: Delivering Value

November 21st, 2013 § 0 comments

Starbucks is perhaps one of the best at delivering value to its customers. I’ve travelled to a number of cities in the past year, from Istanbul to Hong Kong, and can’t recall one time I wasn’t able to find a Starbucks when I was craving a coffee.

Truth be told, Starbucks probably doesn’t serve the best coffee around, but it’s reliable, always there when you need it.

They are masters at delivering value, locating their stores in areas with highest traffic, in the most convenient spots where most would want to grab a coffee- subway stations, malls… the list is endless.

One might think there isn’t anything else they can do to improve on delivering value to customers.

Ever wanted to buy someone a coffee but it was too inconvenient to carry it all the way to them or was worried it was going to get cold by the time you got it to them?

You can now deliver a coffee to someone through a tweet.

I thought this was genius. Coffee, in itself, is a great gift. I know it would brighten my day if someone got me a coffee, but delivering a gift like this can be a logistical nightmare. When would this person ideally prefer to have their coffee? Would it spill along the way as I  brought it to them? How much cream or sugar would they like in their coffee?

Buying someone a coffee through twitter gets rid of all this problems while still delivering the value of a nice, hot cup of coffee from sender to receiver!

Make this available in Canada, already!