Phonebloks

The world of technology is rapidly moving forward, leaving old software behind. Steve Jobs says it best in this video.

However, the proposition of an idea for a new kind of smart phone has had a lot of attention and solves this problem of technology becoming obsolete in a short span of time. Phonebloks is a customizable lego-style phone with attachable and detachable parts like a camera, storage, ect. It is what people would call a billion dollar idea. While I have no idea how difficult the technical implications would be to make this phone a reality, I do believe that if it is possible this will be the next generation of smart phones. Referring to Steve Jobs sediment layer analogy, this would be like the creation of a central pillar in which people would build around adding assets to make it better, stronger, and more lucrative.

While there is a base of 600,000 people supporting the concept through social media, supporting through social media can only do so much. Social media raises awareness, but not much more. A leader who organizes the right team is essential

In conclusion, I look forward to seeing the future of this idea.