Annual General Meeting and Networking Event! (Nov. 3rd)

by kbwatts ~ November 1st, 2010. Filed under: Alumni, Professor, Student, UBC Political Science.

This event is going to be a lot bigger than most of us had anticipated, the list of invited and confirmed guests is growing.

Officially commencing at 5pm on November 3rd, the schedule and the rundown are as follows:

The Schedule:

4:30pm – Membership & Sign-in
5:00pm – Presidents of PSSA
5:15pm – Head of Political Science
5:20pm – Executive Introductions and Event Preview
5:30pm – Constitution Amendment
6:00pm – Keynote speaker – “How to Network”
6:15pm – Practice what you just learned – Enjoy, Mingle, Eat!!

The Rundown:

We have invited Student Leaders from all kinds of fields! Department of Foreign Affairs, The Young Liberals of Canada, The Young Conservatives of Canada, Pre-Law Society, almost all the Presidents or VP of Student Governments (AUS, AMS, CUS, SUS) will be there along with most of the executives of the AMS, Urban Planners, Board of Governors, and the Head of the Political Science Department.

They get to meet PSSA execs, learn of our events, conferences and how we can help them with getting into the major.

This is a chance for everybody to network and find out how they can get involved in student government, grad school, internships, politics, commerce and more!

There’s something for everyone! At the very least, come for the free food!

This will Be the Largest Gathering of Student Leaders on Campus!!!

3 Responses to Annual General Meeting and Networking Event! (Nov. 3rd)

1.   Chris

I’m interested in joining the club but I cannot find contact information (email, office hours) for anyone on this site 🙁 Please let me know how I can join

2.   kbwatts

I’m sorry you’re having trouble finding contact information, Chris. We’ve put our executive contact list as a link in the menu bar, but because you’re now the second person to ask this question, I’ll create a more clear contact info page with more complete information about becoming a member.

In the meantime, I’ll forward your information on to our VP of Memberships.
    🙂

3.   Kit

Chris, please email us to become a member:

vpmembership.ubcpssa@gmail.com

: )