Prof.Gateman

Every year there are thousands of students in UBC campus rush to get a special book named “Gbook” which costs $110 in the discount bookstore. It sells as a pack including a textbook, a Gbook and a magic pen, however I was quite shocked by its simple and crude bookbinding and unbelievable and unique price. It seems that he forced his students to buy his book, and formed something like monopoly.

But after my observation and participation in his class, gradually I find that it values the price. Gateman’s great understanding and conclusion lead to the high price. He saves our time through the well-prepared note and wonderful speech in the lecture. Many students have misunderstanding about his monopoly . In my opinion, he has great commercial ethics because of his effort devoted to his books. He take responsibility for his every student who spent money on his product (Gbook).

The other hand, producers (company or individual) should try best to make their productions perfect in order to show respect to consumers and the business ethics. Therefore business ethics of corporations can bring reputation and profit to companies as well benefit and satisfaction to customers.