About Me

10451708_10203938313488457_8560025412464951931_n

My name is Robin K Belcher. I am a MLIS student at UBC who will be finished with my masters degree in just 3 months!

I was born and grew up in Hawaii and have an insanely long middle name, which is why I just put K between my first and last name. I did my undergraduate degree in English in my hometown at the University of Hawaii at Hilo and also received a History minor and certificate of women’s studies at the same time.

This December I volunteered at the Lyman Museum in Hilo and helped the archivist digitize over 500 historical photos. That was pretty cool.  One of the photographs even had my grandmother in it!

Although I regularly use social media for myself, I would love to take a look at broader trends in Social Media and how to utilize it in a professional environment. I would also love to be able to see new and alternative uses of social media.

Read 8 comments

1. Hi Robin! Nice to meet you. My family moved to Hawaii when I was a teenager, so I consider it my second home. They live in Kailua on Oahu. My brother graduated from UH Hilo too (he did Marine Science or something like that). I don’t meet too many people from Hawaii in Vancouver.

• Hi Fiona! Nice to meet you too! It’s strange how small the world seems when you find out how people are connected! I used to live near Kailua in Kaneohe when I was growing up! I also had a previous roommate who also studied Marine Biology at UHH like your brother!

I’ve heard rumors around UBC that there is someone else from Hawaii around, but as of yet I haven’t met anyone in Canada from the 808 state! You’re the one and only!