Happy People Making People Happy

Recently, a blog post regarding customer service, treatment and retention from Women on Business caught my eye. In this particular post, Leona Charles talks about the importance of building up your customer in order to build your business.

This approach seems straightforward and obvious to the success of any company. However, I would like to propose that before building up your customers you must first build up your employees.

I strongly believe that a business is only as healthy externally as it is internally. This idea relates directly back to the employees and management of a company. The organizational culture of a company is truly the framework of a business; If the framework is left neglected or is not built properly the structure of a company will eventually collapse.

Google is an example of a company who values their employees by providing them with services, products and a positive work environment. When a company has happy, dedicated and content employees the result will ultimately be happy, dedicated and content customers. As management invests into their employees, those employees will in turn better serve customers.