In its tenth season now, American Idol is more popular than ever.

The sensational singing competition has over 30 million viewers, each voting for their favourite contestants every week.

I have always been a big fan of American Idol, but more so this time. The diversity of talents displayed are just spectacular: each singer has their own unique style, making it so hard to single out the ‘ultimate favourite’ contestant.

15-year-old Thia Megia,one of the youngest contestants, with Beats microphone

Even if you are not a faithful follower of the show, just  watching one episode would make you notice the iconic alphabet ‘b’ which is found everywhere throughout the show. ‘b’ for Beats by Dr Dre.

Yes, Beats by Dr Dre is officially endorsed by American Idol to be used in their show throughout the whole season. From the microphones to the earphones used by the Idol crew, all you can see is the ‘b’ symbol.

Jimmy Iovine with Beats by Dr Dre cap on American Idol

It looks almost as though the show is an advertising ground for the whole line of Beats by Dr Dre products.

Endorsement definitely works. Especially if you are endorsed in a show with 30 million viewers. Think about how much exposure your products are getting.

Being on American Idol is a smart move by Dr Dre. He definitely knows where to place his products.

I bought a pair of Beats by Dr Dre earphones shortly before they were featured in American Idol. I already knew how great those expensive earphones are.

But watching my earphone being used by my idols definitely boosts my confidence in the product. More importantly, it made me feel good.