Sabrina Tang's Blog

Marketing is all around us :)

Quicksilver

with one comment

When you hear the brand Quicksilver, what comes up in your mind?
For me, I would think Quicksilver is all about skateboarding and surfing. I once worked at Off the Wall, which works closely with Quicksilver so I already have some familiarity with this brand.

I think Quicksilver does a very good job focusing on their target market and ensuring that they give off the right image to others. I find alot of their advertisements quite interesting and creative, here are some that I would like to share 🙂

The above two advertisements focuses on their “skaters” customers.
I really like the second advertisement, I find it very creative. Having a real skateboard ramp attached to the bus stop can give the skateboarders something to do while waiting for their bus! I feel like by doing so, it will add more value to its brand for potential consumers.

By having posters inside, outside and even on the ceiling creates the illusion of a huge wave! Replacing the normal benches with a surf board adds the touch to make it all seem real.

I have noticed that Quicksilver has chosen the bus stop as a location of many of its advertisements. This strategy can definitely increase the exposure of Quicksilver to the public. While waiting for the bus, people will often pay attention to its surroundings therefore pay close attention to its ads, as there is nothing else better to do in the meanwhile. Also, it can attract the attention of drivers and pedestrians that are passing by. Especially with such a flashing advertisement like these, it will defintely be hard to miss!

Having a strong advertisement to promote their product is very important to the brand, as it will leave an impression in the minds of many potential customers! These ads really attracted my attention, and I’m not even a surfer or a skateboarder…

Anyway, enough for now. Time to sleep 🙂  hope you guys enjoyed the ads!

Written by sabrinatang

January 18th, 2011 at 2:20 am

Posted in Uncategorized

One Response to 'Quicksilver'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Quicksilver'.

1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in and view the post's comments. There you will have the option to edit or delete them.

Mr WordPress

11 Jan 11 at 4:20 am