When will my life begin?

Baaasically how I feel except post-secondary education is the tower that I can’t seem to escape and all my chores are just studying and unlike Rapunzel I do not have hair long enough or strong enough to belay me if I decide to jump out the window…

But hey, at least I’ll know how to calculate the minimum yield strength her hair would need to have in order to support her weight from the top of a tower that high without being permanently deformed and/or getting ripped off her head.

But then again, it does have magical properties so… who knows.

Back to studying, I guess!

When you decide to blog about late-night cramming for your 8 am exam and end up writing a really long title because you’re too mentally drained to come up with a good one

I’ve been sitting here for so long I’m starting to feel numb.

Minutes feel like hours.

Hours feel like days.

My mind keeps wandering but it doesn’t know where to go.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

Now you C it…

So I’ve been here for three months, and I’ve spent approximately 76.3% of that time waiting for the C20.

No, that percentage is not made up.

I calculated it to the nearest tenth by timing the intervals between the breaths I took while waiting for the C20 and delta T of my internal temperature and that of the bus seats (in Kelvin, of course).

Using these two values, you derive an equation using Quatsch’s Rule that if you then plot and find the area under the graph (or, y’know, just integrate) gives you the number of minutes spent waiting.

Divide that by 131487 minutes, multiply by 100%, and there’s your answer.

I shit you not.

TIP: Next time you want to take the C20 (or the C22) text the bus stop number to 33333 and check what time the bus arrives before leaving for the bus stop.

What’s in a name?

At least, that’s Starbucks’ philosophy when it comes to spelling mine.

To be fair, I do have a rather unusual name. Then again, I do always spell it out for them.. “It’s Sahba, S-A-H-B-A.”

… I suppose a drink by any other name would taste as sweet?

No?

Okay, I’ll show myself out.

That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

Two things you should know:

1)      My room is a mess. I keep everything on my bed during the day, then throw it all onto the floor every night before going to bed.

2)      I usually keep my laptop on my bed.

If you’ve already figured out what happened, please stop facepalming. If you haven’t, perhaps this might help:

My laptop was dead for several weeks, which is quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to a Mech 2 student who’s also supposed to be blogging for the UBC Blog Squad…

So to make up for lost time, I am going to spam you guys with all some of the things I’ve wanted to blog about in the past month. Except it won’t be considered spam, because you’re going to like it.

See you on the other side.