A Blog Genesis

Well, Hello! I’m Sam. I’ve never blogged before but the first thing I notice is that posting is rather one sided. I have all this time to write about myself, and no one can interject or steer me towards another subject. So this is why blogging is so popular…

I was born and raised at a remote childrens camp in Northern British Columbia where I would run around the forest with sticks, shouting loudly at various imaginary beasts. It was a brilliant childhood. Every day I rode a bus for two hours to the nearest school, where I would neglect my education and instead make music and make films. I don’t think the art medium actually matters, it’s just that I am so fascinated by the process of creation. I have spent the last few years recording music in dimly lit basements, playing at music festivals with close friends, and trying to look brooding.

Somehow I have found myself here. I’m majoring in Film Production, and am really interested in the way music and film work together. For now, I feel privileged and happy to be in Arts One with all you, and am excited to see how things will unfold.

Sincerely, Sam