Social Media and Digital Marketing Predictions for 2015

As the year and our course comes to an end, I found myself reflecting on how much has changed in social media and digital marketing just in a year. This also led me to do some research prediction for 2015 and here is a summary of predictions from websites such as Mashable, Social Media Today and Offerpop.

web-design-trends-Novofex

1. Google+ Will be Extinct: Personally I was quite surprised by this, probably because I still have hope that google can turn it around. However, since launching in 2011, it still hasn’t quite kicked off especially for brands and at the moment it could go either way for Google but it seems majority of sites predict in the near future no longer exist
  2. Mobile Payments becoming mainstream: It is no surprise with developments of the google wallet and features of the iphone 6 that mobile payments are on the rise and will surely increase in 205.
  3. 50% of web sales to come from social media: with an increase of people being more inclined to buy from a brand’s Facebook page, it is expected that from 2015 each year will bring approximately $30 billion of social media commerce sales.
  4. Video will be number one: it should be obvious by now that unique content is so important for a strong social presence. Video is predicted to be the number one marketing tool that brands will expand to in 2015.
  5. Mobile will take over computer internet usage: likely driven by the introduction of the phablet, mobile is predicted to take over which has been said for quite some time, 2015 could see this as a reality.