Vancouver is fun!

As promised, a few words about any other activities that we are happy to be able to practice in Vancouver.
I already made the confession that one of the major reasons for me to choose Sauder was its location. I am absolutely in love with Vancouver! I am the type of person who enjoys the outdoors a lot. There are so many possible activities for any single weekend that it is hard to choose!
So far I have had a chance to go hiking in a few absolutely spectacular places. To name a few: Garibaldi Lake and Elfin Lakes, both located within an hour – an hour and a half drive from Vancouver. Just to give you an idea of my experience, here are a picture from Garibaldi. It was honestly amazing! Breathtaking views and the clearest possible air, tons of blueberries and a chance to meet a lot of small animals like chipmunks or squirrels or even a grizzly! =)
The other amazing advantage of Vancouver is its location close to the water, so the sailing club is an important part of a Sauder MBA. Right now we are in the process of taking over the club from the previous year’s class, but we already had a chance to go sailing a few times. Let me tell you that it is totally amazing, and you have to see it yourselves!
Other than the outdoors, Vancouver has a lot of other attractions. What I already explored includes the Vancouver Aquarium and Stanley Park, Granville Island and the False Creek Trail, downtown and the Lonsdale Market, the Capilano Suspension Bridge and the Grouse Grind and many other places of interest. Also Seattle is just a 3 hour drive from Vancouver, so it is also an option for a weekend or even a day trip. Not to mention Whistler… Ok, looks like it is too many places to check out=) And all of them are truly amazing! Come to Vancouver and see it yourself!
Next time I`ll tell about the new residence for MBAs – MBA House, and finally about the karaoke night we had around 1.5 months ago…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.