Period two

Hi everyone!
So we have survived the Olympics, which was an unforgettable adventure! I think it was the busiest time of the year for many! I volunteered at Russia House, and it turned out to be a great experience, though I was busy all the time and didn`t enjoy the break properly.
Anyway, now we are back at school and period 2 has officially started.
I can`t believe how fast the time is flying away – we are already almost halfway through the program! Still, the most “exciting” part is ahead – I am talking about the internship, which will be tough to find in the current situation. I think everyone is really concerned about it; no one wants to end up with an industry project, which is an unpaid and, most likely, useless alternative to a real internship.
Panic is in the air… Hopefully, everyone will find something. The good thing is that even last year, when the financial situation was even worse, MBAs still got their internships (well, almost everyone did…)
Anyway, the internship is three months from now, and currently we are studying and networking=)
This period I am taking marketing and HR classes. The material from finance class was tough, and I think I`ve remembered it well=)
So for this period I ended up with Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Strategic HR management and Creativity.
Overall, I am pretty happy with these choices. Dale Griffin, who is teaching MR and CB, is a good professor, so the classes are both entertaining and useful. HR is interesting as well; together with good readings and guest speakers it is turning out to be a very good class. Creativity is…unusual. It is definitely fun, but so far it hard to tell how useful it would be. I will try to update on this later on.
I am also auditing “Topics in health care”, which is a great class for a general overview on the Canadian health care system.
As I said, I am pretty happy with my choices, and hopefully my networking efforts will bring me some keys to the internship=)

This entry was posted in Internships, Olympics. Bookmark the permalink.