MBA Gala

The second annual MBA Society Gala took place last night at the Vancouver Convention Center (New Wing).  It was a great event that punctuated the end of many attendees’ journey as an MBA student.  The special event was joined by a very special guest, Mr. John Furlong, the CEO of Vancouver Organizing Committee (VANOC) for the 2010  Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver.  John gave an inspirational and extremely memorable speech about his experience, the pleasure, and pressure organizing and running the most successful Winter Olympic games in history (No doubt about it; Vancouver was transformed into a huge Olympic town).   There are several elements that he believed led to his success – fostering a “best of the best, strive for excellence” culture in which employees and volunteers lived and breathed with, having a achievable vision that bring inspiration to people and make a difference in people’s life, and being a champion in tackling any task of any size.  I am sure many will remember this speech for a long time.

I would like to wish the best of luck to all the graduates and extend a big congratulations to Dallas et al. for organizing this great event.  Now the pressure is on the first years to put together something even better!

***************************************************************************************

To end this blog post,  I would like to post a link to a Financial Times article about the opportunities that Sauder school can lead us to (Thanks Chengwu from the Second year sending this to me).  The students featured are from the IMBA program in Shanghai but it is nevertheless a very inspirational article to any current and incoming students.  Click here

Sunny

This entry was posted in 2011 MBA Class and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.