Problems with money.

Recently, Bank of Canada released the new $20 bill. The money doesn’t rip but disadvantages are that it wrinkles easily and it’s too slippery, sticking to the other polymer bills.

The new polymer $20 bill.

With the new $20, the biggest problem is that it isn’t accepted every where. Due to the new polymer material, multiple machines weren’t modified, rejecting the money instantly.

Technicians have already been flustered with the problem of updating vending machines, dealing with the new lonnie and toonie. It will be months before modifications for $20 bills will be made.

In my views, this will make an influence on businesses. TransLink machines don’t accept the new bills. Therefore consumers will need to find an alternative such as taking a taxi. With these few issues amongst many more that are about to come, some company’s could possibly be influenced to the point where they loss money.

I don’t understand why Bank of Canada didn’t update machines beforehand, so when the new money goes public, vending machines will still be perfectly functional. No one can be successful without planning for the future, and I think Bank of Canada did the unprofessional act of doing the exact opposite.

Read more here.